Thursday, November 29, 2007

What I learned while on my Madison/Skowhegan trip.....

That Madison is a great little town with a mill that is still in operation.....


That even on a cold snowy morning, Reny's is bustling on Main Street....

That there are great people and programs in their schools!

SAD#59/Madison Superintendent's Office

******************

Look what's growing in Madison, Maine!

Those great jucy tomatoes that are now available all winter long!



I also learned:
  • that even when it is 40 degrees in Portland, I need to have winter gear in the car, having awoken to a snowstorm this morning that lasted until noon
  • that as tempting as it is, not to eat chinese food on the road, or when I do, to ask if there is MSG in it, after having my lips, mouth and tongue go numb last night, and wondering why
  • that it is always good to have earplugs packed in the bag, after being able to hear tvs on BOTH sides of the walls and realizing it would be a long night, running to Hannaford, luckily across the street, in my pjs (figured it would be a pretty good bet I wouldn't run into anyone I knew) and spending the best $5 ever on a set of earplugs
  • that when I wear earplugs I need to think about how I am going to wake up after sleeping through my alarm!

That I love the adventures that my work is taking me on this year!

1 comment:

Nancy and Mike Gorneau said...

The life of a traveler always makes you think "I wish I brought...." Luckily you had a store to go purchase your desire!