Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back to Ellsworth

It is ironic that my first overnight trip we stayed in Ellsworth to do the training in Stonington-Deer Isle and here I am again for my last overnight. This time I am heading up a 3 day Year 2 review in the Ellsworth Schools. It is easy to think of Ellsworth as just the Rte 1 strip that is full of traffic lights, fast food restaurants and shopping plazas, but when I parked my car and started walking I found inklings of what was a great little town:


Hopeful signs that new energy is going into the town to bring it back some of the architectural details of the past.....


Look up, look up! It is always surprising what you can see!


Still showing movies!



A great city hall tucked a block off Rte 1


As I headed south, I reflected on the great travels I have had this year and the wonderful opportunities to see things I never would have seen otherwise.....one more visit a short distance from home, and the year is quickly coming to a close......

No comments: