Saturday, August 16, 2008

Where's Dedham?

I was so surprised when I pulled up Mapquest to find out where Dedham, ME is! It is one of those places I have driven through many, many times en route to Bar Harbor. Between Bangor and Ellsworth, one tends to focus more on the busy road than the town signs. After having made reservations in Bangor for my visit, I was thrilled to see that the Lucerne Inn is right smack in the middle of Dedham, so with a quick change of plans here is were I arrived for my 2 night stay:


The room was wonderful! With my very own fireplace I was able to make the space quite cozy in the evening---very conducive to reviewing my presentation for the following day!

I


This was the view from my window--more spectacular in real life......
Dedhman School is a sweet building tucked up on a rise to separate it from the busy road. I spent a day with the Special Education Director (also director in Brewer) and 3 teachers reviewing their Year One work ahead.
My drive will never be quite the same when I travel to Bar Harbor!

No comments: